To access your coupons, go to Billing > Click on Coupons tab
The Coupons tab allows you to create and customize coupons including the name of the coupon, the activation code associated with the coupon, who the coupon is valid for, and when to activate it. You can add new coupons by clicking the + Add button.
Clicking the Export button will export the coupon list into a CSV file.
To add a new coupon, you will need to fill out the following details:
- Name for the coupon
- A unique 10 character code for users to input to apply the coupon
Coupon codes are case sensitive. Ensure that if you create a code (Ex. Movatic10) make sure to advertise it as is. Users won't be able to use their code if they have entered it in all caps lock.
- Type of discount (i.e. percentage off, money off, free time)
- Validation type
Coupons have 2 different validation options:
- Number of uses
- Once a user activates the coupon, they will be able to use it for the specified number of times. This applies per user, not globally - so each user who activates the coupon can use it for x number of times.
- Time based
- Once a user activates the coupon, they will be able to use it for the specified length of time. If you select time based, this will ask you to choose a duration in these increments:
- Activation - If you wish to make this coupon active immediately, leave on the check mark. Otherwise, click on the checkbox to uncheck and you can make this coupon active later or on the day of the event.
When you are finished, click the "Save" button.
1) It's Earth Day and you want to generate a coupon that's 50% off that is only valid for 1 use. To set this up, you can enter in this info:
2) Disney's Bikeshare is celebrating their 1 year anniversary and they are offering 1 hour of free time when the user applies the coupon in their 1st hour. To set this up, you can enter in this info:
1) To view the rentals associated with a particular coupon, you can select it from either the active or inactive coupon list. Once you select a coupon, the system will display all rentals that are associated with it. This feature makes it easier for users to keep track of their coupons and rental history.
2) Once you click on an active or an inactive coupon you will be routed to a page which you can see the rentals associated with the coupon under rentals.