Zones are specified parameters set by the admins that bikes and scooters have to be parked within once users are finished with them. These parameters are only applicable to dockless bike and scooter systems. There are 5 zone types.
Bikes and scooters with GPS tracking capabilities are the only hardware that can utilize zones.
• Parking Zone - Area for users to park their bikes or scooters at the end of rentals.
• Preferred Parking Zone - Preferred area for users to park their bikes or scooters at the end of rentals.
• Service Zone - Large area to mark zone where users can leave bikes or scooters in free roam systems.
• Restricted Zone - Area where users are prohibited from parking bikes or scooters at the end of rentals.
• Slow Zone - Areas where users are prohibited from riding bikes or scooters above a speed limit.
• No Go Zone - Area where users are prohibited from riding.• Deployment Zone - A zone used to balance scooter deployments. This zone is not visible to users.
Example of Zones
Beside the Location map, you will see the Hardware Status and Zone legends. Hardware Status will indicate if the hardware is available, in rental, in maintenance, or low battery. The hardware pin color will change as indicated in the legend.
On the other hand, the Zones legend will indicate if a zone is no go, slow zone, restricted parking, preferred parking, or parking. This will reflect on the color of the lines that are drawn on the map.
Users who park bikes or scooters in restricted zones can be subject to parking fees added onto their ride total at the end of a rental.
Click the + Add button inside of the Locations tab, where you can fill out all the information associated with your zone, starting with the location name. Under location type, select Zone-based.
Select a zone type.
A banner can be uploaded to help with identifying a station. For details about banners and branding, refer back to the Branding section.
Below the banner, you will see the option to create and configure zones. Begin by clicking the middle button, which allows you to draw a polygon.
Example of creating a zone
Click each area until you have a shape with 3 points minimum. You'll click the first point you made to close the shape and set your parameters.
You can go back and edit the shape after it's completed by clicking the button above the trashcan. You can also click the trash can icon to remove the shape and start over.
When you're finished, scroll back up and click Submit on the upper right-hand side of the screen.